RENALDY J . GUTIERREZ
Harvard Law School. Cambridge Massachusetts, LL.M. Program. LL. M. Degree, November 1988
Dissertation: “Security Interest in Personal Property, An Analysis in Comparative Law.”
University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida. Juris Doctor Degree. Cum Laude, May 1985.
Honors and Activities: Dean’s List, Fall Semester 1983, Spring Semester 1984 and Spring Semester 1985; Moot Court Competition, Spring 1984. Member of the Order of the Coif (1987).
Legal research and writings: “Unconscionability,” January 1984; “I.T.C. Injury Determinations: Precedents or Politics?” January 1985.
Universidad Centroamericana, Managua, Nicaragua. Juris Doctor Degree, Summa Cum Laude, February 1970.
Honors: “President of the Republic” medal as the highest-ranking university student of Nicaragua, 1967. Law School Honor Scholarships during four consecutive years, awarded to the best law school student.
1. From June 1991 to present:
Gutierrez & Associates (formerly Martinez & Gutierrez), a Miami law firm with extensive experience in commercial litigation, transactional work, business and corporate law, real estate acquisition and development, as well as international business transactions. First associated as Counsel to the Firm, and as of October 1992, as a Partner, with concentration in the areas of corporate law, international business transactions, commercial transactions, residential foreclosures, estate planning, and real estate matters.
2. From 1979 to June 1991:
Director, Officer and Legal Counsel of Interamerica Resource Management, Inc., Miami, Florida, and of various foreign and domestic corporations, involved in publishing, real estate investment, importing and exporting, shipping, mining, and management consulting; responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts, structuring international transactions, tax matters, labor relations, litigation, licensing, real estate matters, and general corporate legal work, in the United States, Central and South America, Europe and the Caribbean.
3. From 1976 to 1979:
a) Zuñiga & Gutierrez, Attorneys at Law, Managua, Nicaragua (1976-1979). Partner. General law practice.
b) Banco Nacional de Nicaragua, a government owned commercial and development
bank, Managua, Nicaragua (1975-1977). Legal Advisor and Notary.
c) Banco de la Vivienda de Nicaragua, Managua, Nicaragua (1974-1975), a national housing bank. Chief, Legal Department.
d) Universidad Centroamericana, Managua, Nicaragua (1973-1976). Assistant Professor and Professor of Law: Commercial Law I, Contracts and Professional Ethics.
- Admitted to practice in Florida; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; and Nicaragua.
- Approved Agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company (1996).
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID/The World Bank), Panel Member (2004-Present).
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Dispute Resolution Arbitrator (2009-Present).
- Miami International Arbitration Society, Miami, Florida, Founding Member.
- Panel member at the Official National Seminar on a modern Commercial Code, Managua, Nicaragua (1978). Nicaraguan Bar Association’s representative to the National Congress of Civil Procedure, Tucuman, Argentina (1970).
- Memberships: Inter-American Bar Association, Washington, D.C. (1982), President (June 2007-June 2008). The Florida Bar (January 1986). American Bar Association (1986). American Bar Association, Commission on the World Justice Project, Member (2007-2008). Cuban American Bar Association (1987). The Order of the Coif (1987). Marquis Who’s Who in American Law (1994-1995).
Available upon request.